The new BHIM app launched by Indian government is working very well and getting very good reviews. But some people are facing some problems while Downloading and Setting up the BHIM app. Here is a quick guide but before jumping to the instructions please share this information to your friends through social media if you get this article helpful.
Requirements – An Android Smartphone (Version 4.1 or Above)/ IOS phone.
How To Download And Setup BHIM App?
- Download from the PlayStore (Search “npci upi app” in the PlayStore), Or Download BHIM App Here. Download/Install
- Open BHIM App and select your preferred language( Hindi Or English)
- Allow BHIM App to access your SMS and Phone State so that phone can be verified from UPI.
- BHIM App will ask the permission to manage your calls and SMS. >> Allow It.
- In the case of Dual Sims in your phone select One Sim to link with the BHIM app. Remember it must be linked with the Bank Account you are Going to use.
- Now a SMS will be send from the selected SIM card and you will be charged Re 1, So make sure you have at least Re1 balance.
- Now BHIM App will ask for the Four digit pin code(PassCode).
- Now Select From the following 31 banks.
- Allahabad Bank
- Andhra Bank,
- Axis Bank
- Bank of Baroda,
- Bank of Maharashtra,
- Canara Bank,
- Catholic Syrian Bank,
- Central Bank of India,
- DCB Bank,
- Dena Bank,
- Federal Bank,
- HDFC Bank,
- ICICI Bank,
- IDBI Bank,
- IDFC Bank,
- Indian Bank,
- Indian Overseas Bank,
- IndusInd Bank,
- Karnataka Bank,
- Karur Vysya Bank,
- Kotak Mahindra Bank,
- Oriental Bank of Commerce,
- Punjab National Bank,
- RBL Bank,
- South Indian Bank,
- Standard Chartered Bank,
- State Bank of India,
- Syndicate Bank,
- Union Bank of India,
- United Bank of India,
- Vijaya Bank.
- Now add Your account number to BHIM app.
- Your BHIM APP SETUP has been completed. Now use It.
Transaction Using BHIM App
Custom Payment Address: The user can create a custom payment address, in addition to their phone number.(read about Custom Payment Address in FAQs Below)
QR Code: You can scan a QR code for faster entry of payment addresses and faster transaction speed. Merchants can easily print their QR Code for display, which other users can scan and transact through the app.
How To Send Money Using BHIM App?
From The Home Screen Of BHIM App>>
1) Click Send Money Option;
2) Enter or select the receiver’s mobile number or Payment Address (you can select from your contact list or enter it) or Aadhaar number .
3) Enter the amount you want to send
4) Your default bank a/c gets selected
5) Enter UPI PIN and send
Alternately, you can also scan a QR code and pay via the ‘Scan & Pay’ option.
How To Request Money From BHIM App?
From The Home Screen Of BHIM App>>
1) Select Request Money
2) Enter or select the receiver’s mobile number or Payment Address (you can select from your contact list or enter it) or Adhaar number
3) Enter the amount you want to request
4) Click Send
This transaction will remain pending until the payment is received. You will be notified when the money is transferred to you. You may also request money by sharing your QR code. Goto Home Screen->Profile->Choose account to get QR code
Transaction Limit: In a 24-hour cycle, a maximum transaction not exceeding Rs 10,000 is allowed as well as an upper limit of Rs 20,000 worth of transactions.
For Any Enquiry Call On Tollfree 14444
FAQs About BHIM App.
UPI-PIN (UPI Personal Identification Number) is a 4-6 digit secret code you create/set during first time registration with this App.You have to enter this UPI-PIN to authorize all bank transactions. If you have already set up an UPI-PIN with other UPI Apps you can use the same on Bharat Interface for Money. (Note- Banks issued MPIN is different from the UPI UPI-PIN, please generate a new UPI-PIN in the Bharat Interface for Money app) Note – Please do not share your UPI-PIN with anyone. Bharat Interface for Money does not store or read your UPI-PIN details and your bank’s customer support will never ask for it.
Payment Address is an Address which uniquely identifies a person’s bank a/c. For instance, the Payment Address for Bharat Interface for Money customers is in the format xyz@upi. You can just share your Payment Address with anyone to receive payments (no need for bank account number/ IFSC code, etc.). You can also send money to anyone by using their Payment Address. Note – Do not share your confidential UPI PIN with anyone.
You can set your UPI PIN by going to Main Menu -Bank Accounts -Set UPI-PIN for the selected account. You will be prompted to enter the last 6 digits of your Debit/ATM card along with the expiry date. You will then receive an OTP which you will enter and set your UPI PIN. Note – ‘UPI-PIN is not the same as MPIN provided by your bank for mobile banking’.
Hope We were able to provide enough information about the BHIM App. Hope You liked this Article. Please Share this post on Social Media so that more and more people can know about the BHIM App.